Monday 17 June 2013

Principle of Economics

We all want more than we can get. We want good health and long lives. We want spacious and comfortable homes. We want new things. We want the time to enjoy our favourite sports, video games ,books, music , movies and so on. Human wants exceed the resources available to satisfy them, and this fact is the source of all economic questions and problem. That's why I want to take this subject instead of mathematics. This is 5 credit hours subject which my dad needs to pay more if I take it. I'm interested with this subject because what I learnt from it can be applied in my daily life. My lecturer, Mr Joe taught us well. He told us not scare of this subject even you don't have any basics in your secondary school. I like the slang when he is talking and he is funny when teaching. He makes me feel interesting learning economics. I tried my best to understand and pay attention in class.

 Economics is the social science that studies the choices that individuals, businesses, government, and entire societies make as they cope with scarcity, the incentives that influence those choices, and the arrangements that coordinate them. I find that the principles are quite interesting like people face trade offs, opportunity cost, people respond to incentives, and marginal cost and benefit.This subject was a bit of a challenge to me as I never took any basic economic in secondary school before. 


Assignment : A Tale of Two business - A Comparative Analysis of 2 Businesses of Similar Industry in Different Geographical Locations

This is a group work assignment. My group members are Chay Chien Yu and Tan Ceng Weng. I'm the leader of this group.We had selected mobile phone Business for our business research. We had interviewed a mobile phone business in Penang which located  near to Komtar, and opposite of Burmah Road’s TM office and a mobile phone shop in Subang Jaya which is near to Taylors college and Inti college. We compared and studied the two businesses.






                              Play Monopoly to study Monopoly well

I was so happy that we played monopoly in class. After the game, the lecturer gave us a short lecture about the principles of economics that are related to Monopoly game.



No comments:

Post a Comment