Monday 17 June 2013

Introduction to Business


I have a better understanding of the basic concepts of business by attending classes and doing assignment,projects. It serves to provide an informative background on the business systems and to help us understand the different types of business organizations, the ways to create and conduct business, the know-how in managing a business and the importance of ethics and social responsibility of businesses.

 Assignment 1 and Class test.


We did a report of a construction business. We are developers and we are going to build and sell houses. We did a report of marketing, sales strategy, human resources, promotions and so on. After that, we had to present some presentation slides in the class. We also needed to have a hardcopy of the report to be submitted to the lecture. We also had a class test which consists of 35% marks. I did well in this test, thanks to the lecture notes slides by the lecturer. I read through all the notes and it was summarised in short and easy to understand.

Final Project 


We need to do real business in Taylors Lakeside Campus. We have to sell things in front of the Student Life Centre. It was during The Charity Drive, We were to come up with a small business selling products of our choice where the profits earned will be donated to a charity organisation. My group decided to donate our profits to Yayasan Nanyang Press Foundation. We decided to sell sunglasses, phone covers, lighters, earjack and so on.










 I was happy to be in one group with Wei How, Yong Ming, Zachary,Peter Phang. We faced tough challenges along the way but I learned to manage and deal with our customers and supplier. After this charity drive event, I have learned how to start up a small business and I realized it is very tough but interesting. We needed to have a good management process which consisted plan, organize, lead and control. I was glad that we had this project as it brought us to have a closer understanding about the business world. After the project, I send the profit personally to the manager of the Yayasan Nanyang Press in Nanyang Newspaper Headquarter, Petaling Jaya.

When I represented my business group to sent the donation to Yayasan Nanyang Press.



Me and the manager of Yayasan Nanyang Press. I received the official Receipt from her.

The office in Petaling Jaya.

The receipt I got from the Charity Foundation as a prove to my members and lecturer.

Photos during Classwork


We drawn the chart for human resources of a company.After that, we presented it in the class.

My group mate, Wei How was concentrating on his drawings and writings.




No comments:

Post a Comment